Create a functional selection process to choose the right applicants to the interview stage.
Having a well formatted selection process will make your decision easier when choosing the applicants for permanent recruitment you wish to process through to the next stage of the recruitment process being the interview.
- Write down the selection criteria for the vacant position.
- Define the key competencies that the applicant must possess.
- Define the characteristics you require for the candidate to have
- Read both the resume/CV and the cover letters.
- Depending on the number of applications you received will determine how many times you will require scaling your selection.
- Pick 3 but no more than 5 applicants to progress to the next stage of recruitment.
- You may wish to do a preliminary reference check at this stage.
“You can never tell a book by its cover.” � – Edwin Rolfe and Lester Fuller
The 3 mistakes to avoid when selecting the applicant to progress to the interview stage
1. Making judgement on the CV and cover letter presentation.
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. � Albert Einstein
Author: Vlasta Eriksson
Your Employment Agency Cairns – Signature Staff