Free HR Resources from Signature Staff
150+ Interview Questions
Our 150+ Interview Questions has been developed to provide hiring managers a resource from which to select questions that will help identify the most suitable candidate.
Some tips to make the most of your interviews:
- When developing interview questions only ask for information that will serve as a basis for the hiring decision.
- The same set of questions should be used to interview all candidates.
- You are looking for truthful, genuine answers that accurately describe the personality profile and skill level that will “fit” within the work environment.
- Develop questions based on each major task and responsibility in the position description and on knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the position. Include problem-solving questions that allow the applicant to think creatively.
- Whilst in an interview, many candidates will try to ‘sell’ their abilities and traits. As a result, your candidates will often tell you “what you want to hear”. Beware of a candidate who persistently says the right things but fails to back up statements with examples that demonstrate the requested value or approach in action.
- Pay attention to how your candidate answers your questions. Do they appear comfortable responding to each of your questions? If not, the candidate may be misrepresenting their credentials.