Legal Secretary - Family Law
- Reputable Townsville Firm
- Supportive and Professional Environment
- Your experience rewarded with excellent pay
About our client:
Our client is a reputable Townsville law firm who are actively seeking a Legal Secretary to support their Family Law Director. This esteemed firm offers a wide range of legal services, from Family Law to Conveyancing and Wills and Estates, and is known for its commitment to excellence.
As a Family Law Legal Secretary, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Family Law Director and ensuring the efficient operation within the Family Law space. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Management of electronic files, including opening and closing files.
- Liaising with clients, scheduling appointments, and following up on requests for documents.
- Diary management to ensure deadlines and appointments are met.
- Preparing briefs for experts such as barristers, engineers, and forensic accountants.
- Drafting a variety of correspondence and legal documents.
- Preparing pre-court and court documents, including lists of documents.
- Handling dictations from legal professionals.
Key Selection Criteria:
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a family law practice is required.
- A strong understanding of court processes related to family law cases.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- High-level communication skills, including the ability to foster positive working relationships with staff, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A proactive and results-driven approach to your work.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as autonomously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A rewarding position working alongside a team of experienced and committed professionals.
- Competitive remuneration dependent on demonstrated experience.
- 9.5-day fortnight to accommodate personal appointments on Friday’s
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for family law and the skills to excel in a dynamic legal environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
All applications will be confidential, if you have any questions prior to submitting your application, please call Katie Beattie on 07 4050 3888
This position is open to all Australian Residents with no work restrictions. As these are a permanent position’s, we are unable to process applications from candidates with working holiday visas or those seeking visa sponsorship.
To apply for this position, please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications. Be sure to highlight how your skills align with the key selection criteria. Applications should be sent to the link provided with reference KBRS1123LS