Intermediate or Senior Accountant
- Well established and reputable firm
- Partnership opportunity available
- Work from either Cairns or Mareeba
Our client's business has been operating for over 14 years from two offices in Cairns and Mareeba. They specialise in offering comprehensive accounting and taxation services to small to medium-sized enterprises. Their wide range of services includes financial statement preparation, tax return filing, bookkeeping system implementation, BAS lodgments, business structuring, tax planning, self-managed superannuation funds, and general accounting services.
They are seeking a dedicated Intermediate/Senior Accountant to join their dynamic office in either Cairns or Mareeba.
As an Intermediate/Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for all aspects of Accounting & Taxation. While experience with Accountants Office/Enterprise software is advantageous, it's not mandatory. The firm is currently a MYOB Gold Partner, but they also serve clients who utilise XERO and Quickbooks Software. Additionally, the firm administers 23 Superfunds, and although expertise in this area is not a requirement, it will be a valuable asset.
For the right candidate, they present partnership opportunities within the business. We are looking for someone who envisions a long-term commitment and growth with the firm.
The job responsibilities include various accounting and taxation tasks, such as:
- Preparing tax returns for individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts, and superfunds.
- Preparing financial statements (profit and loss and balance sheet) on a monthly, interim, and full-year basis, as well as reviewing statements prepared by clients.
- Communicating with clients to address questions and queries.
- Producing nonstandard letters for client sign-off by partners.
- Conducting research on technical topics and providing taxation advice.
- Preparing Business Activity Statements.
- Monitoring job budgets for clients.
- Assisting other staff, including administration or accountants, as needed, and reviewing their work.
- Providing recommendations and helping implement systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency for clients and the firm.
- Assisting clients with taxation planning and business structuring or restructuring.
- Training and assisting clients in administering their accounting systems, including software like MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks, and Excel spreadsheets.
To qualify for this position, candidates should have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Degree qualification with CPA/CA or working towards certification.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with MYOB Accountants Office/Enterprise is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of self-managed super funds is a plus, though not essential.
- Strong communication skills for interactions with both internal colleagues and external clients.
- The ability to meet deadlines and a preference for a busy work environment.
- A strong work ethic and a pleasant and easy-going personality for client interactions.
What's in it for you:
- Ongoing training opportunities, including attendance at annual NTAA tax schools, for professional development.
- Work in a modern office with an enthusiastic and dynamic professional team.
- Opportunity for development and growth in the accounting, bookkeeping, and taxation field, potentially up to a partner level.
- Competitive salary for roles of a similar kind.
- Support for CPA/CA studies for the successful candidate.
- The firm uses advanced IT systems and operates in a paperless environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply now, using the link below. We are unable to process applications from candidates with temporary working visas or those seeking sponsorship.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Beattie at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No. KBRS1123ACC.