A job description is a list of the general tasks, or functions, and responsibilities of a position. It may often include to whom the position reports, specifications such as the qualifications or skills needed by the person in the job, or a salary range. There are number of benefits by having a job description in place.
The 10 steps in creating a well functional Job Description:
2. The date it was created
3. Reporting Line (Relationships) from and to
4. Department they are working in
5. Job Summary
6. Duties and functions
8. Physical Requirements and Work Environments
9. WHS Obligations
Some benefits by having a well written Job Description:
- Having a well written job description creates an understanding between the employee and the employer.
- It is a description of employee’s responsibilities.
- It is a guideline of workplace, health and safety of all employees ensuring the safety of people concern.
- Provides business owners and supervisors with a useful tool of performance measurement
- Improving cooperation by giving all members of the organization insight into existing responsibilities/roles.
For more information or template samples email: HRsupport@signaturestaff.com.au